The Affinity Center is pleased to announce a seminar to be held in March helping parents and caretakers of pre-adolescent and adolescent children understand how to create and implement positive discipline techniques, geared toward your child’s unique strengths and skills. “Positive Parenting” will take place on Saturday, March 10th, from 9:30-11:30 a.m., and will be repeated on Saturday March 24, 2012, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. (Come to just one of the days). This seminar will explain:
• Developmental expectations for oppositional or problematic behavior.
• Why pre-teens and teenagers act out.
• How to create and implement rules and discipline.
• How to find and use your child’s unique strengths and skills.
• The benefits (and hurdles) associated with co-parenting.
• When to pick your battles.
• Parent self-care.
• Resources available.