1. Intake Phone Call
A 15-20 minute phone call with an Affinity Center
is typically the first step of the process for a new patient. This phone call is free of charge and is intended to review the individual’s questions and to determine if a consultation appointment may be helpful.
2. Clinical Consultation
A 75 minute session with an Affinity Center therapist is the beginning of the diagnostic and/or treatment process. This appointment focuses on getting to know the individual and determining the most helpful next step. For example, is a comprehensive evaluation indicated? Would treatment likely benefit the individual?
3. Comprehensive Team Evaluation
If an evaluation is recommended after the initial consultation appointment, an evaluation plan is developed with the Affinity Center therapist to individualize the evaluation. Components of the evaluation may include: psychological and/or cognitive and educational testing, a speech/language assessment, a comprehensive health review, and a session with one of the Affinity Center physicians. Following the assessment, the Affinity team collaborates to review the diagnostic information, impressions, and treatment recommendations. This information is then shared with the patient in a treatment planning session.
4. An Individualized treatment approach may include the following:
- Medication (closely monitored dose trials over several days to achieve the optimal dose quickly and with minimal side effects)
- Psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and families
- Ongoing support and collaboration with schools or workplaces regarding appropriate accommodations
- Educational support to intervene with the school, student, or family to promote academic success
- Coaching for academic, work, or personal issues
- Professional organization services to offer assistance from a single task to entire house organization
- Environmental intervention (school, workplace, or home intervention)
- Speech and language specialist interventions (for example, communication assessments for oral, written, and social language issues
- Energy work
- Guided Imagery
- Relaxation training
- Specialized medical intervention/referral